Elementi taggati con: WASHINGTON
The resignation of General Flynn is part of an ongoing effort by the military-industrial complex to sabotage President Trump and re-assert control over foreign policy.
#Flynn was backed into a corner after it was revealed that he had a conversation with Russian #Ambassador Sergey Kislyak back in December. This was seized upon because it could be spun to validate the otherwise completely baseless #conspiracy-theory that #Russia “hacked the election” to help #Trump defeat #HillaryClinton and that Flynn’s talk with Kislyak was a promise of payback.
In reality, Flynn’s conversation with Kislyak was merely the excuse that #establishment #neo-cons and #neo-libs from both parties were desperately searching for. They wanted him gone from the very beginning. This was a #deep-state #coup.
In essence, Flynn was merely exercising due #diligence as incoming #NationalSecurityAdviser by communicating with a prominent foreign official. However, the politicized intelligence community and the breathless, hysterical #anti-Trump #press demanded Flynn’s head on the basis that he had violated the Logan Act, even though that contention is shaky at best.
The mainstream media’s sudden concern for Flynn having potentially violated the Logan Act is interesting given that establishment politicians have been violating the Logan Act for decades by physically meeting with foreign officials at #Bilderberg conferences, without a whimper of #dissent from the press.
As Chris Buskirk explains, when Democrats met with Russian officials, it was also treated as no big deal.
“Recall that in 1984 Senator #TedKennedy approached the #Soviet government about aid in defeating #RonaldReagan’s reelection. He offered them diplomatic and arms control concessions if they would help install #WalterMondale in the #WhiteHouse. Not surprisingly, #Kennedy gets a pass if not a conspiratorial wink of assent from the guardians of democracy in the press. Naturally, they assume all partisans work with foreign governments to achieve their electoral aims.”
The real reason for Flynn being forced out is that he represented a direct threat to the military industrial complex that was swept aside by Trump’s victory.
“The same people who brought us the failed #wars for democracy in #Iraq and #Afghanistan, the implosion of #Libya, the #Syrian Civil War, the rise of #ISIS, and the concomitant international #refugee crisis want Flynn’s scalp so they can reassert some control,” writes Buskirk. “General Michael Flynn is a voice for change in American foreign policy—a change that the American people voted for when they elected Donald Trump. The campaign of half-baked allegations and innuendo is the latest battle in the #Washington establishment’s insurgency against the President.”
There is currently a scorched earth effort underway to isolate Trump by purging his administration of people who truly believe in Trump’s vision of America first, replacing them with compromised Washington insiders and globalists – in other words – refilling the swamp. This #fifth-column is comprised of politically partisan ‘black hats’ within the #CIA and the #NSA who are still …
#WASHINGTON — Stopping and turning around as he made his way across the South Lawn after hearing the unmanned aerial vehicle hovering just feet behind him, outgoing #President #BarackObama tearfully shooed away a loyal #MQ-9 #Reaper #drone attempting to follow him out of the #WhiteHouse, sources confirmed Friday. “Go on now—get out of here!” said the former commander-in-chief, his lower lip trembling and his eyes welling with #tears as he affected a stern tone of voice in an attempt to scare off the faithful #hunter-killer drone that had spent the past eight years obediently at his side. “You can’t come with me anymore, you got that? Can’t you see this is for your own good? Now scram. What are you waiting for? Go!” At press time, a #heartbroken #Obama had thrown a rock in the drone’s direction, causing the unmanned aerial vehicle to flee into the #sky, where it paused to look back one last time at its old master before flying off toward a #Yemeni tribal #wedding.
#TheOnion #humor #fun #lol #Obama #drone #GameOfDrones #DroneWar #Yemen #MiddleEast #NobelPeacePrize
#PictureOfTheDay by theguardian.com Best photographs of the day: Sinulog parade and Speedo Mick The Guardian’s picture editors bring you a selection of photo highlights from around the world, including straw bears and ice swimming in Russia #image #photo #picture #pictures #foto #photography #photograph
- #Mosul, #Iraq People cross a bridge destroyed by Islamic State militants in a neighbourhood recently liberated from Islamic State on the eastern side of the city Photograph: Khalid Mohammed/AP
- Whittlesey, #UK Two of the three Straw Bears stop for a rest during the annual Straw Bear Festival parade. The traditional event was revived in 1980 and features a Straw Bear and its children being led through the streets of the village near Peterborough. The bear dances, while musicians break off into groups around the village square to perform with Morris, Molly, Sword, Mummer and Appalachian dancing teams Photograph: Leon Neal/Getty Images
- #RioDeJaneiro, #Brazil Residents and tourists watch a sunset at Arpoador rock on Ipanema beach Photograph: Nacho Doce/Reuters
- #Dhaka, #Bangladesh A commuter jumps between trains upon arrival at a station, to attend Akheri Munajat, the final supplication during Biswa Ijtema in Tongi, on the outskirts of the city Photograph: Mohammad Ponir Hossain/Reuters
- #Vladivostok, #Russia A member of the Morzh winter swimming club emerges from an ice hole after a swim Photograph: Yuri Smityuk/Tass
- #Cebu #City, #Philippines Roman Catholics in colourful costumes perform during the Sinulog Grand Parade marking the Feast of the Child Jesus in Cebu City, Philippines Photograph: Jay Rommel Labra/EPA
- #Kabul, #Afghanistan A young boy rides on a horse in a snow covered neighbourhood. Temperatures have fallen well below freezing in many parts of the country Photograph: Jawad Jalali/EPA
- #Liverpool, #UK Everton fans pose for a photo with fundraiser Speedo Mick prior to the Premier League match between Everton and Manchester City at Goodison Park Photograph: Alex Livesey/Getty Images
- #Boidyabori, #India A buffalo hits a man during a traditional buffalo fight held as part of Magh Bihu festivities at a village east of Gauhati. Magh Bihu is the harvest festival of the north-eastern Assam state and is observed in the Assamese month of Magh that coincides with January Photograph: Anupam Nath/AP
- #Belgrade, #Serbia Refugees gather in disused warehouses covered with snow, without electricity and water. After the closure of borders by Hungary and Croatia, many people are stranded in the country. Photograph: Davide Bosco/Pacific/Barcroft
- #Washington DC, #US People rally together at the We’re Here to Stay immigration event at the Metropolitan AME church – one of many events that took place around the country to send a pro-immigration message to the incoming Donald Trump administration as well as to show support for immigration rights. Photograph: Joe Raedle/Getty Images