Interesting idea: A distributed bug tracking system based on XMPP. It even has MRs (merge requests) for git and mercurial. The developer, @firstname.lastname@example.org, claim the following advantages:
There is also a short demo video. Nice!
- it's decentralized and federated, no need to have X accounts to use X tickets handlers. You can also import tickets from third party projects (e.g. plugins for your project) into your website.
- it's standard: we can handle or fetch tickets in third party servers easily, without proprietary API.
- it's very flexible: any field can be used, and the mechanism can be used for any list (bug tracker, TODO list, shopping list, etc.)
- being based on SàT, it's usable on any platform
- it can be used with gateways, allowing to use transparently tickets from other services (think about Gitlab or Github for instance)
(Someone must package sat_pubsub for Debian!)
#xmpp #bugtracker #git #mercurial #freesoftware #salutatoi #python #tickets #decentralisation