(posted by @gsantner)
Thanks for your feedback on the previous post regarding app download source.
The results are obvious - 100% of votes for F-Droid.
Well, we expected a high percentage for F-Droid, but this is very clear.Based on the results:
* We won't publish releases of dandelion* signed by our key anymore
* We will wait for F-Droid to build dandelion* and attach the app signed by them to our GitHub page
* This way there will be just one signing key used - for you users - this means you can update your dandelion* installation regardless if downloaded from us, or from F-Droid store
* If you download an *.apk telling a wrong key error at installation, you can be sure it's not done by F-Droid - so don't install
* In the last versions, there was an "secondlion*" apk attached on our GitHub Release page. This one has a different package id and can be installed beside dandelion*. In future updates this won't serve the only purpose - to just allow a second account - anymore. secondlion* will be our dandelion*-fresh/beta version from now on, signed by us, which can be installed alongside dandelion*.
* This will affect all future releases - we won't update or change previous releases
* It's up to you - you can go for the F-Droid release, the faster published secondlion* - or install bothDoes this mean the project is dead?
Absolutely not.What if my current installation came from the GitHub page?
Just uninstall the app, and install the latest build from F-Droid:https://f-droid.org/repo/com.github.dfa.diaspora_android_12.apkWho has access to future used signing keys
* dandelion*: Just F-Droid has access to the key
* secondlion*: Maintainers (@gsantner, @vanitasvitae)
Support the project
* Leave us a star on GitHub
* Provide Translations
* Send some Bitcoin to keep us motivated - contact us
* Report or fix bugs, send PR's
* Maintainers (@gsantner
* Blowball image
dandelion* - unofficial diaspora* android client